Hi Friends! Los Angeles announced a new series of public health restrictions this week, limiting and closing many non-essential businesses. Playgrounds are closed again, along with the Zoo, outdoor dining (it's in the 70s here) and numerous other establishments. Schools haven't been open at all this school year, so we aren't effected by that. But I know other families, in other parts of the world have kids learning from home that were previously attending in-person.
We are planning to spend the holidays with just our family of 4 (my dog is of course included) which will be strangely different. While I feel extremely grateful that we are healthy and that we can take walks and "play" in our yard thanks to the weather, it has been stressful for me to make this holiday season just as special for my 5 year old who says "Christmas is her favorite holiday". So I wanted to share some things we have done or are planning to do with her to help celebrate the holidays, and make things feel as "normal" as possible.
1. We brought back her Elf on the Shelf which is a huge hit. (also grabbed this Elf on the Shelf stocking stuffer for her here, under $5)
2. We decorated our tree together.
3. We got ice cream to go, and drove around seeing all the beautiful holiday decorations.
4. We got this gingerbread house kit here that we will make as a family.
5. We will bake and decorate sugar cookies and give them out to neighbors.
6. Santa will be driving down our street on Friday, and we are planning to make pizza bagels while we wait outside on blankets to see him.
8. I purchased some cute Christmas clothes (this top here and here), holiday headbands (got her this one here and here) and socks (these are the ones I got her here, also love this pair here and here; and would make a great stocking stuffer) for her all from Target, which she's been wearing on repeat.
9. We will have a "wrapping party" to wrap our gifts. She picked out our wrapping paper this year.
10. We have 2 advent calendars for her and one for our dog (found it at Trader Joe's), that she loves opening each day.
11. She had a lot of fun looking through toy catalogs, cutting out items on her list and making a collage that we hung in her room.
12. We will go on a holiday scavenger hunt in our neighborhood. (we did this for Halloween and it was a big hit) (this is the one we are doing here)
14. We will make our Santa List and "mail" it to The North Pole.
15. I picked up some cute ornaments for her to paint from Michaels and give as gifts. (this one here, here, and here) (they have so many great holiday crafts for kids to keep them busy and they make great gifts for family members, all on sale here)
16. Tonight we are going to make hot cocoa, build a fort and watch a Christmas movie.
If you have other ways you are making the holidays special this year, I would love to hear!
In to today's post, I'm rounding up my favorite picks for stocking stuffers in my 4th 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. I've once again broken it down into 3 "mini guides": For Her, For Him and For Kids. See my previous 2020 Holiday Gift Guides "For Her" here, "For Him" here, and "For Kids" here, where almost everything is under $100.
It's getting close to the end of 2020 and rates will go back to normal for 2021 (hopefully with everything else lol). So, whether you need help editing your closet, updating your brand image, or finding new pieces, email me here to see how I can help.
I'm also offering my discounted virtual styling rate through the end of the year for all e-gift cards purchased here.
Scroll down to see the best sales and promo codes happening now, there's a lot.
1. slip silk silver pillowcase 25% off, in queen or king size, also comes in white, pink, caramel and black
2. Nordstrom cozy ivory socks under $10, come in many colors (size 9/11 fits shoes sizes 6-10)
3. slip black and pink silk face mask 25% off, also comes in leopard
8. NEST mini birchwood pine candle free shipping with code FREESHIP
1. Happy Socks snowflake socks 25% off
2. USB rechargeable LED clip on book light under $15
3. 2 pack adjustable jump ropes on sale, under $10
4. No Touch door opener tool under $5
7. CHARMOUNT set of 4 taco holder stands under $10
8. Nite Ize reusable rubber twist ties under $10
9. black universal thumb phone holder under $10, comes in many colors
10. Palmers Coal Chocolate under $5
2. Portable wireless bluetooth mini speaker under $20, also comes in black, red, blue and pink
5. Selfie ring light on sale, under $20
6. 10 ft 20 LED photo clips string lights under $10
STYLE TIP VIDEOS
NEW "How To Style Tip" MINI-VIDEO WILL BE LIVE THIS THURSDAY!
Subscribe here so you don't miss it.
These videos are exclusive content only available on my YouTube channel.
1. THE VIRTUAL CLOSET EDIT
2. THE STYLE REFRESH (available for past clients)
3. THE STYLE UPDATE (for new clients)
Virtual pricing is being offered at a discounted rate for a limited time.
Find out how I can help you look and feel amazing from the comfort of
your own home here.
SHOP MY LOOKS
THE BEST SALES HAPPENING NOW
AMAZON: Shop deals on devices.
BLOOMINGDALES: Receive 25% off a large selection of items + Loyallists get a $25 reward card for every $100 they spend on certain items. Becoming a Loyallist is easy and free, sign up here. Now through 12/14/20.
BLOOMINGDALES: All Slip products are up to 30% off. Now through 12/14/20.
BLOOMINGDALES: Free shipping for everyone through 12/18/20.
IT COSMETICS: Receive 12 days of $12 off the gift shop with code ITMAS.
MARK & GRAHAM: Take up to 40% off holiday gifts + free shipping on orders $100+ with code HOLIDAY.
MICHAELS: Take 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU + free shipping on orders $59+. Now through 12/26/20.
NET-A-PORTER: Sale is now up to 60% off + free shipping and free returns.
NET-A-PORTER: Enjoy 10% off your first purchase with code FIRST10.
NORDSTROM: Get up to $300 off your regular price purchase for the
Spend and Save event.
NORDSTROM: Get a $60 bonus note for new credit cardmembers. Now through 1/4/20.
NORDSTROM RACK: Free shipping on all orders + extended free in-store returns.
POTTERYBARN: Take up to 30% off gifts.
POTTERYBARN KIDS: Up to 60% off + free shipping with code COZY.
POTTERYBARN TEEN: Receive up to 50% off + free shipping with code MERRY.
REVOLVE: Take 10% off when you subscribe to their newsletter.
SEPHORA: Save on your purchase of $75+ with code 2020SAVE.
SEPHORA: Free shipping on orders with code FREESHIP.
SERENA & LILY: Bedding, pillows and throws on sale + free shipping.
SERENA & LILY: Sign up for their newsletter for 15% off.
SHOPBOP: Enjoy 15% off your first purchase when you sign up for emails.
TARGET: Save $25 when you spend $100 on toys or save $10 when you spend $50 on toys.
WEST ELM: Take up to 50% off + free shipping on orders $99+ with code SHOPEARLY.
WILLIAMS SONOMA: Shop the sale.
For even more outfit inspiration, you can find me on Pinterest here, where I not only share my looks and posts, but also "Looks I'm Loving", "Personal Stylist Tips" and so much more.